Nasdaq CSD provides all three core CSD services:
- initial recording of securities (“notary service”);
- maintenance of securities accounts at the top-tier level (“central maintenance service”); and
- securities and cash settlement services (“settlement services”).
European CSDs are facing new regulations and changes in market structure which are significantly reshaping the post-trade industry. This involves changes in regulations, market infrastructure, technology and processes.
Nasdaq CSD’s business model is built around the following major elements, designed to enhance our offering and meet all requirements:
- Harmonized operations of four consolidated Securities Settlement Systems in four jurisdictions in accordance with EU standards in governance, operations and technology; connection to TARGET2-Securities; consolidated and efficient CSD infrastructure and operations; and CSDR authorization;
- Development of new products and services in existing markets and delivering quality services to customers, expanding asset servicing for local securities, offering market participants wider coverage of markets/assets and building and exploiting new links with ICSDs/CSDs.