All legal entities who are participating in the financial markets are obliged to have an LEI code starting from January 3, 2018.Learn More
The LEI code is used for the legal entity identification in regulatory reporting and supervision.
With the global establishment of a uniform system for the identification of legal entities, it is expected that risk management and financial market transparency will be improved. This can be achieved through error reduction with regard to business transactions and by lowering the costs for data cleaning, maintenance, and reporting to regulatory authorities. In addition, the clear identification of all contracting partners strengthens important business processes and reduces corporate risks.
LEI codes can be obtained through the Nasdaq CSD. We offer registration and renewal services of the LEI code.
- File in an application (in case of a fund, file this application instead) and the authorization letter and sign them digitally.
- Send the digitally signed documents to the Nasdaq CSD at email@example.com.
- Nasdaq CSD will perform a preliminary validation of the application documents and issue an invoice.
- Your application will be processed after the payment has been received.
- You will receive your LEI code. It may take approximately 3-5 business days from filing the application to receiving the LEI code.